“When marriages fail, it is not increasing conflict that is the cause. It is decreasing affection and emotional responsiveness.”
– Sue Johnson
Couples seek counseling for a variety of reasons. At a very deep level, though, we are all looking for the same thing; a sense that we matter to our partner and to know that our partner has our back. When we aren’t sure of these things, we feel insecure and unsettled, and sometimes, the way we cope ends up making things worse. Some of us complain and push for more talking, more engagement, and some of us withdraw and create distance in order to keep the peace.
Do any of these issues sound like what’s happening in your relationship?
- feeling lonely
- feeling distant, disconnected
- feeling frustrated and hopeless
- feeling misunderstood and unsupported
- more conflict than you would like
- communication challenges
- experiencing the same fights over and over
- wondering if you want to stay in the relationship
- wondering if your are still in love with your partner
- low sex or no sex
Couple counseling can help with all of these challenges, and more. Most couples wait years
before getting help. They try to manage on their own, and unfortunately, the longer they
struggle, the more stuck they get in their negative patterns and the more hopeless they feel.
Don’t wait any longer. Let me help you. I use a model called Emotionally Focused Therapy for
Couples (EFT). This model gets to the heart of the issue by focusing on the natural desire we
all have for secure connection with our loved ones. Learn more about EFT by clicking on the
“Why EFT” tab.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to:
- feel like you and your partner are on the same team
- feel supported and loved
- have productive discussions about difficult issues
- feel secure and hopeful about your future together
- feel more relaxed and playful
- experience a satisfying sexual relationship
Contact me today to get started on the path toward a more fulfilling relationship.